Search This Blog

Monday, November 9

Hollywood Regency Inspired Sliding Doors

Hey yall! Hope you guys had a Wonder-Full weekend. For the past few post I've been getting you up to speed on what I was doing over the summer
As well as, the Free Makeover service I'm doing with Poupadupa's House.  You can read more about it here. Now today I want to talk to you about an update that I did in my home over the last couple of weeks.
First off I want to start with some hideous sliding doors that I repainted. Yea you guessed it they were Ug Ga Lee! I really didn't like the original stain/color because it was just to dark.

And for me it just made me more sad every time my eyes glanced at them. Now don't get me wrong I love the functionality of the doors. But that color... Geez
You know what I did right? Right! Primed and painted them a nice glossy white. Ok so these doors can be seen while you're in my living room and they lead to the master. Well I took my handmade Mr and Mrs stencil and added that touch.
I love the outcome but I still felt like I was missing something. Now I've seen designs in the Hollywood Regency style and I really loved them. So.....
I ran to the nearest store and purchased this gold adhesive tape.  It only cost $2.99 from Staples and made by Sctoch.  I think it's my new best friend too. 
This tape is very shiny with a mirror like finish not only that it's very forgiving too. As I chatted on the phone with my baby sister, this is the design I free-formed around the Mr and Mrs.
What do you think I'm so in love!
Want more don't forget to follow here as well:
Twitter     @: SublimeDH
Instagram @: SublimeHome
Website   @: AprilDenise.Com
Shop        @:  Etsy.Com/shop/SublimeDesignHome

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston