Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3

Sublime Home Goes Boutique-ish (Zgallery Inspired)


Hey you so Glad you haven't abandoned me.  I've been working... Yes working really hard! On what? Well for the past year I've had a really small boutique (which was a shared space with other vendors).. Like Really small. The size of one room small.  Ok so you get my drift. Within the past few months I've been looking into relocating into another building that I could call all my own. Woot! 



Soooo the day finally came... Hence the working and working and working.  Not only that I've found another super woman outside myself... He He He. And we'll be combining our super powers.  My partner Kristie sells vintage/new jewelry and purses. I'll be selling new/used/curated/hand-made home accessories and furniture.  It's all coming together now and We'll be ready to open next week! Yea Us!

With all of that out of the way I wanted to show you a few pics of the store in progress. The store is one big open space which has been divided into 4-5 sections.  We've focused on color blocking each section (sort of what you see at Zgallery). So if a section is black and white.. then many of the items we carry in that area of the boutique will be in those colors.
Seeeee this area we're focusing on earth tones.  Yea it's so neat and I'm loving it!  Not only that we wanted to use different and unique ways to display the jewelry outside the standard display cabinets right.  So you know where I headed to for inspiration.. Yep you guest it! Pinterest of course.
In the first and third pic we used an old mantle looking shelf and added a few nails (which will turn into crystal knobs later) and a paper mache` hand to display some jewelry pieces.  Thanks Pinterest!

This is one of my favorites because it's basically a free display.  All you need is a book, fold the pages into the bind and your done! Yep to easy right. Well don't forget to drape the jewelry across it.  In these two pics one book is a dictionary and the other was a wedding book. Humph!

Yep Love shelf .. not as easy as the book display but it's truly awesome. You can read the full tutorial here. Thanks Pinterest! Now not shown in the pic below but in the fourth pic I added an empty frame.  It's life span only had two options to come home with me or be trashed.  Couldn't let that happen.. Added a coat of Rustoleum silver metallic spray paint and this girl was happy!
 Now accessories and you're done.
And let's see what else...
Oh last but definitely not least the natural spheres.  This project was pretty easy as well.  I used basket weaving material (purchased at a thrift $.50) and thumb tacks.
These are really easy do it yourself projects that can easily be incorporated into your Sublime Home.  
Almost forgot... I also Diy'd that tripod floor lamp. Woot! 
What have you tried lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston