Search This Blog

Friday, March 21

3 Part Series Mini Living Room Makeover-- The Candle Holders

Mini Living Room Makeover- The Candle Holders



Ok so I decided to show you a mini makeover I did with my living room.  I'm breaking it down into a 3 parts.  I'll show you how I made over candle holders, a dresser and lastly an upholstered sofa. The chair is an added bonus! Take a look at this....


Would you spend $50.00 for these items? Well I did but I couldn't put them to use until I did a little makeover! Over the next few days you'll see how I transformed these pieces into greatness! 


Today we'll talk about the candle holders. I found these beauties at my local Goodwill thrift for $12.50 each. After looking twice at them because I originally flew right by them. The shape and size captured my attention. They were floor standing 30" high.  Whattt!! Yep so I looked at my mom and said. “Ma what do you think about these?” she respond with a frowned up face and said, “They're hideous!” LOL. Mom has a great eye but sometimes we just need a little inspiration. And all I could see was these: 


and these...


So with hope in sight.. I added them to my cart and checked out!  When I got home I looked them over a bit and decided to move the round piece in the middle. It's known as the blah. No seriously they're named a bobeche  This is the piece that actually catches the wax from the candles as they melt. 

Well I didn't want that because.. Well It's Ugly and it was totally screwing up my vision. So with them gone they looked as so..

Materials needed:

Sand paper
Primer
Spray Paint
Time

Instructions:

1. Always clean your find really good and remove and debris or dust.

2. Lightly sanded them.


3. Primed-- ( this is where I will cheat a little.. I used flat white paint).


4. Spray Painted them with Krylon Purple.


5. And waited for the to dry.

You know sometimes patience is a beast. Yep I lack it... Foot tapping like Sonic the hedge hog with his hands on his hip (waiting on you to make a move because You're Taking To Long!)


  Tadaaa..  I love them!


Well what about now.. Would you buy them now?? 

 Now... on to the next! A dresser turned media console... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston