Search This Blog

Monday, March 24

Part 2 of the Mini Living Room Makeover --- The Media Console

 The Media Console
Would you spend $50.00 for these items?
As part of my Mini Living Room Makeover I've chosen these 4 items to makeover.  The chair is a bonus in this series.  If you haven't seen part 1 yet click here.  All of the items were purchased 2nd hand.  So lets cut to the chase and get down to the nitty gritty.  This is a dresser I found at my new found Value Village Thrift Store. It was a whopping $10.10. 



Yes it's a dresser, but I was looking for something I could transform into a media center. 



The handles are barely hanging on.. So I got rid of them all together... 

Materials needed:
Sand paper
Primer
Paint
Time

Instructions:

  1. I just rolled the paint right on using a roller and brush to get into the nics and crannies.
  2. Repeated.
  3. Let Dry. 

4.  Although I'm still not finished yet I just had to share... To do list: Spray paint handles and added media stuff.. Can you see the candle holders from the part 1 peeking at you?


 As you can see in this photo the door is removed and the handles are back in place. By removing the door it allowed me to add any media devices. It also has a shelf that goes inside that opening. I'll be adding that soon..
Tadaaa.. Well what about now.. Would you buy them now??
I love it!  

Now on to the next... 


The Sofa ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston