Search This Blog

Monday, March 21

$7 Silver Wall Panels

Picture

INSPIRATION...$400 each...
oK SO I'VE HAD MY EYES ON THESE WALL PANELS FOR AWHILE NOW.  I'VE SEEN THEM ALL OVER THE PLACE.  WELL I DECIDED TO USE THIS AS MY INSPIRATION.  THE CURRENT WALL I'M USING THESE ON IS NOT QUITE AS LARGE AS THIS ONE BUT IT MADE A HUGE STATEMENT IN MY STUDIO... TAKE A LOOK...SEE
Picture
i TOLD YOU THAT THE WALL WASN'T THAT BIG..
There were also black decals on this wall... I removed them- u can see them in the design star audition tape if you really want to...

THE FIREPLACE I BOUGHT OFF OF OVERSTOCK.. I HAD BEEN LONGING FOR THAT TOO.. HEHE

THE CHAIRS CAME FROM CRAIGSLIST. YES THEY ARE A REPRODUCTION OF THE WASSILY CHAIR AND I ONLY PAID $35 EACH.. YEAHHHH ME!!!
Picture

SO I USED FOAM CORE BOARDS FROM THE DOLLAR TREE. I USED 6 BUT I HAVE 3 MORE THAT I'M GOING TO ADD...

I WAS SO EXCITED THAT I JUST HAD TO POST IT.. LOL

...IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY YOU CAN SEE THEM IN THIS PIC.. I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.. THIS IS PART OF MY IN-VISIONING STAGE..


Picture
Ahhhhh... All Better!!
Picture
This is not Clean!! Excuse the Mess.. hehe
AND HERE IS THE AFTER.. SO FAR

--I THINK IT TURNED OUT GREAT!! considering THEY ONLY COST ABOUT $7 A PANEL VS $400 A PANEL IN THE INSPIRATION PIC---WOW!! lALALA...
Picture
Stay tuned for a video.. So what do you think so far??  to leave a comment click the comment link at the top or bottom of this post.. thanks!
Picture
If you  want to try and make this yourself it's really easy..

Materials:
foam core boards (dollar Tree $1)
stainless steel or metal contact paper
(lowes $5.96 Home Depot 9.99)
& double sided tape (already on hand or the dollar tree)

Instructions:
1.  cut contact paper to foam core size
2. remove protective paper from the back of the contact paper---s l o w l y
3. smooth paper on board
and viola!!
4. attach double sided tape to board and attach to wall

..Note: you can also try wrapping the board with gift wrapping paper.. it'll save u $$...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston