Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17

Golden Rast!!

Picture

Here is another ikea hack for you.  I was inspired by two tables.  one was a brass end table that I found on the internet.  Now that i want to show you how it looks i can't find it.......  therefore, you're just have to imagine with me.. 
Picture
Ikea Rast Table $14.99
The inspiration table was made of brass with four legs.  It also had a chain hanging from in the front.

The other table I saw online as well.   several bloggers painted theirs like these:

 left-Lindsay @ penny People design:
right-Lakeitha @ Home of 3 Duncan boys. 

if you want to read about their hacks just click the picture.
                                                                                                                                                      
So I married the two and got this!!...
The process was very simple and I think the outcome was better than expected since this was my first time I spray painted wood!
1.  Before assembling I primed all of the 4 pieces of wood with Rustoleum primer (inside & out).. (pic 2)
2.  Once it dried I added the gold spray paint.  Let dry.. (pic 3)
3.  Assembled it .. (pic 4)
4.  And finally embellished it with gold chains! I use the hooks that look like an upside down ? (pic 5)  I screwed those down or up on the inside of the table...

Note:  Now I used 2 different kinds of chains just to add a little detail.  And of course it’s up to you if you want to add any at all.  The chains were very inexpensive and I bought them from Home Depot.  They were in the area where you can cut the chains by the foot (they’re on a big roll).  I bought 1ft each.$.88 and $.96 a ft. 
Picture
I also want to show you some decorative pillows i made to go with the decor of the space...
seeee...
Picture
Picture
So what do you think?  I would love to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston