Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22

PEPPIE'S PLACE

PEPPIE'S PLACE
     Now you would think that everyone I'm immediately related to and are friends with homes would be just fab.  Well I'm here to tell there not (don't ask me why lol).  I have been working with my sister Peppie (who lives hear in Atlanta with me) to get her living room space to look flawless under $500 bucks.
Picture
This is the before of one angle of her apartment.  The one thing I don't like about the space which can be challenging is the number of door openings.  Urghhh!!

Okay so when m sis first told me she wanted her colors in the living room to be red and green.  My smile went from huge to not so.  The only thing I could think of was Christmas colors.
Picture
 I no I no Christmas is not so bad but.. but.. but.. It's Chrismas colors.  I tried to show her other colors but she just wasn't going.. Aww boo for me..

Anywho we went with it.  It took alot of lookin and looking and more looking for me to finally get inspired.
Picture
Picture
Picture
So far we have painted the walls and arranged the furniture.  However, it's still not complete.  I'll also show you the different items purchased how they were made and what bargains we found.  Stay tuned for that!!
Picture
So lets talk about accessories... they were made under $5...

Thrift store find $3! yeah...Once i spray painted the total price was$5 bucks! Whoo Who!
Picture
then we hung it over the mantal.!!
Picture
Picture

Hurricane vase thrift store find $1 buck yep! That's right.. I've seen these in crafts stores for $6 a piece
Hurricane accessories were basically free. Pine cones and small logs from the yard. Decorative balls made from round foam balls and twine $2 bucks tops (purchased from the Dollar Store!

Picture
Picture
Picture




Grass vase $5 bucks. Grass, vase, foam, and moss purchased at the Dollar Tree!



All of these accessories were placed on the mantel...

Now like I stated in the previous blog the main items in this space were purchased from craigslist... take a look..

 
35
10 for both
35
30
45 for both chairs

Picture
Remember this is the before........
.......And so far here is the After....
Picture
Looks pretty good huh!  Yeah I no..he he!!  All of the furniture pieces were purchased off of (drum roll please)  CRAIGSLIST.  That's right Craiglist.

We bought:
Sofa $35
Chairs $45 fpr both
Coffee table $30
(Not Shown in this pic)
Display case $35
2 Ikea table lamps

We spent a total of $230 bucks in this entire room the way it is now.  We will add an area rug, more seating, drapes and wall accessories later.

So what do you think?  Have you created a space from craigslist finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston