Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day

Pinterest

Hey Yall!  You're never guess what I'm doing... Well maybe you can.. I'm hard at work. V-Day is another busy season for me! Hip Hip Hooray.. Between my mom and I we've prepared so fabulous Valentine Baskets!  I also hand make alot of throw pillows like the set above and these....

                                                Valentine's Day History
Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Dayis an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. The day is named after one or more early Christian martyrsSaint Valentine, and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It was deleted from the Roman calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI, but its religious observance is still permitted. 

It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day


But somewhere in here I'll find a little time to snuggle up with my hubby!  I wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentines Day and give you a little insight on how it all started...

Oh if you're interested in having a set of your own shop my Etsy shop @ Etsy.Com/shop/SublimeDesignHome


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston