Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5

$10 Burlap Drapes

 

$10 Burlap Drapes

Picture
Ok Ok.. so I made some drapes the other day from a fabric called Burlap.  I wanted something chocolate and I found it.  Chattanooga has a new craft and fabric store on Gunbarrel called Joann's. I LOVE IT.
Ok Ok.. so I made some drapes the other day from a fabric called Burlap.  I wanted something chocolate and I found it.  Chattanooga has a new craft and fabric store on Gunbarrel called Joann's. I LOVE IT.
Picture

All you need is fabric; no sew hem or grommets, scissors, and an iron.


So I bought the fabric from there.  I also used a coupon la..la yes I did.  It was for 50% off one regular priced item.  I bought this fabric 9 yards for $8.79.  The drapes are 95"long.  It was enough to make 2 panels.

I had some grommets that were left over from a previous project from way back when so I used those as well (Joann's sells them too around $9.99 see...
Picture
1.  All I did was cut the fabric to my window length (my desired length).
2.  Followed the directions for adding the grommets (very easy)
3.  hung them up.  Pretty neat huh!!

Here are some other suggestions you can use for GROMMETS:

Shower curtain hooks
Christmas hooks
No sew hem tape (irons on)

aLTERNATIVES FOR FABRIC:
Fabric
Flat sheets
Tablecloth
Picture
...before
As you can see before i had up grey drapes.  (sorry abt the b4 pic it was taken with my camera phone)

However the after looks dramatically different.... i love it!!
Picture
after...
Check out how I recycled the remaining fabric.  YoUr GoNnA LoVe IT!!!!!!----------------------------- cLiCk HeRE
OH OH--don't forget FoR the best savings on your budget check out yard sales, thrift stores, ask family members for things they may not be using and/or visit craft/fabric stores that give additional savings with a coupon (such as Hobby Lobby, Joann's, Michael's etc.)

So what do you think?  have you made any drapes lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston