Search This Blog

Friday, April 1

$14 Goodwill Chandelier

$14 Goodwill Chandelier

Okay.. now this baby is a beauty!!  I have seen this type of lighting starting at a $100 +.. See here
and here..  The right pic cost $104.00 and the left $152.00... so what I did is combined the two styles to create this....from
Picture
Now I found this bad boy at the Goodwill (don't you love that store) for a whooping $6.96..yep that's right.  Anit it just lovely..lol..

IN THE BUGGIE and I once again raced home

and cracked this boy open..
Picture

Ok so don't be mad.. I didn't take a picture of it afterwards...However, if you look closely at the pic up there.. what was left was just the

the 5 arms in that gorgeous brass color...ha!

I spray painted it all white...

Picture

I bought the shade at Tj Max (do u hear the jingle in ur head... Tj Maxxxxx) Ha... on clearence for $3.50...

Now you maynot be able to tell but it has the texture of like snake skin or something and totally pearl white... Next I threaded the cord from the chandelier thru the hole in the top of the shade and removed the ceiling fixture which was.. ughh this...

Picture
While that was coming down I started to make the crystals which would hang from the 5 arm chandelier.  I used strands of beads something like the one below.

I used fishing line and threaded each bead to my style.
Picture
Once the fixture was up I draped each one on the arms and Viola!! 
Lets take a look at the before again...
Picture
BEFORE!!!
Picture
AFTER
Picture
Picture
Picture
click Me!!!.

So what do you think?  Have you made any lighting fixtures lately?  I would love to hEAr your thoughts!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston