Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2

DiningRoom Makeover

It's November!!!!!  And Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  We have alot to be thankful for!  So I'm going to get down to the Dining Room.  Yep gotta get it ready for the enormous feast!  So let's talk TURKEY....

....This is what the dining room looks like so far....
Picture

....And this it what it use to look like..lol.. yeah thats right..
Picture
PICTURE TAKEN WITH CAMERA PHONE
I have painted the walls....combined inexpensive drapes with easy no sew burlap drapes, built easy farmhouse style benches,hung a few mirrors, and painted the floor.. yeah i said...painted the floor...
Picture
PICTURE TAKEN WITH CAMERA PHONE
St let's start with the floor shall we.... we shall...

Ok now I'm not a big fan of painting floors.. but the I didn't want to spend a lot in this room because...well I'm basically doing the entire house at one time....

...But it only cost me $20 bucks to redo this floor....compared buying or renting a floor sander, grid pads and stain etc... u get my drift... eventually we will do all that but for now this worked perfect..  Better than I thought exactly...

Now here is the floor after:

Picture
PICTURE TAKEN WITH CAMERA PHONE
Now as you can see I added a chandelier that was given to me as a Xmas present and begin striping the walls.

...Next I purchased 2 rugs (4x6) from Garden Ridge $15 each... And reused a 2nd jute rug that I purchased off of Craigslist for $30.  I was going for a layered look...
((2nd rug not shown in this pic...))
Picture
PICTURE TAKEN FROM CAMERA PHONE
Picture


Then added a table that we already owned...

  (........2nd rug shown here see----->>>)




Made simple farm style benches.....It only cost a whoooping $9.79 each to make...lol...

Added some accessories....
 
...vases...
...mirrors..
...glasses..
...table Lamp..And
Voila!!
And...Viola!!!
The side table/console table, is a bookshelf bought at a thrift store for $5.00 bucks!
I love It!!
 
Now although I;m still working on this space.... I think it coming along just great!!

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The way to get good is to get interested. The way to get great is to get downright fascinated and passionate. Imagine being completely intrigued, and so passionate about something that you simply can't get too much of it. When you can do that in some particular field of expertise or endeavor, you can accomplish anything you choose to accomplish in that area." Ralph Marston